Submittal for Interiors Category
Featuring: JNB Trucking
In this competition which took place at the Lane County Home Improvement Show, local architects and landscape architects present their featured projects in various categories, and the citizens of Eugene cast their vote for the best project in each category.
Awbrey Lane, Eugene
Nir Pearlson Architect, Inc.:
Nir Pearlson, Rachel Auerbach, Roger Ota, Dan Abrahamson
Johnson Broderick Engineering
MECHANICAL DESIGN / BUILD:
Innovative Air, Inc.
ELECTRICAL DESIGN / BUILD:
J B Electric, Inc.
2 G Construction
• Design a new headquarters for a local trucking company.
• Site the new building to advance the organization’s brand, without impeding truck maneuverability and operations.
• Set along the street, the building welcomes clients and truckers back from the road with its familiar vernacular form.
• Respecting northwest climate, deep eaves protect the windows and the roof folds to shelter front and back entries.
• Perimeter offices open their windows out to the surrounding fields and link into the spacious, and their doors into the spacious light-filled common room.
• Below an interior transom, barn doors separate the common and break rooms, or merge the spaces during all-company meetings.
• As a part of the regional commodity business, the building features raw industrial materials: masonry concrete, buffed concrete floor, glue-laminated posts and beams, and steel hardware.
• Polished cab components and insignia become a mechanical louver, door handles, and decorative furniture paneling.
Daylighting: Multiple windows and skylights reduce the need for electric lighting.
Finishes: Industrial surfaces eliminate finish materials, and add durability and longevity.
Storm Water Management: Stormwater runoff from the roof and paving is infiltrated on site via a vegetated swale.